Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cylinder Stop By Powers

D.carden

Hey all,

UPS guy dropped off a set of Powers Custom cyl stops 'bout an hour ago.

With minor fitting they went in easely. After de-burring the notches and the frame window (window had alot of peening) it REALLY eliminated the side-to-side play and tightened things up considerably. I would recommend these for those "loose" guns out there.

There oversized and the actual stop knob that comes through the window has a slighly different shape.

I'll report back this weekend after our SC match to see how it holds up to live fire.

Dan

Edited by D.carden

Hey all,

UPS guy dropped of a set of Powers Custom cyl stops 'bout an hour ago.

With minor fitting they went in easely. After de-burring the notches and the frame window (window had alot of peening) it REALLY eliminated the side-to-side play and tightened things up considerably. I would recommend these for those "loose" guns out there.

There oversized and the actual stop knob that comes through the window has a slighly different shape.

I'll report back this weekend after our SC match to see how it holds up to live fire.

Dan

I'll be anxious to hear how you do. My "A" gun is showing some slop...

So where's our range report? I'm very interested. :)

I'm very interested in the degree of oversizing you saw in the part. I think the dimensions on the stock part are quite sloppy to start with, so there is room for improvement.

Did you take any material off of the stop itself?

Edited by Waltermitty

Hey Ken,

It works great !!

I shot 'bout 300+ rnds on the plate rack Sat. (hit a 2.79 once and alot of upper 2's/low 3's)

Then, shot the SC match Sun without any problems.

The Powers stop measures .104 vs. the stock at .101.

It takes-up the slop of those peened notches.

I'll be installing one on my 625 tonight.

As for "fitting" them. I had to remove some material on the underside of the "knob" so it would slide over the frame pin under the window. I always smooth out the edges and machined surfaces of new parts but other than that i was a quick fix. Also needed to de-burr the frame window from peening.

Edited by D.carden