Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multi Cal. Guns

Brian Payne

I see where some people have a gun built that shoots .40 S&W for Limited, then have a second top end made in .38 Super or 9 Major for shooting Open.

On that thought, is it possible to have a .40 S&W built for Limited in 3-gun then have a second top end made in .45 GAP (supposed to have dimensions of a .40 cal gun?) for use in Heavy Metal Division.

I personally don't like the idea because I would much rather own two new guns, just had the thought so I figured I would throw it out there.

Is the GAP even legal for Heavy Metal?

I see where some people have a gun built that shoots .40 S&W for Limited, then have a second top end made in .38 Super or 9 Major for shooting Open.

On that thought, is it possible to have a .40 S&W built for Limited in 3-gun then have a second top end made in .45 GAP (supposed to have dimensions of a .40 cal gun?) for use in Heavy Metal Division.

I personally don't like the idea because I would much rather own two new guns, just had the thought so I figured I would throw it out there.

Is the GAP even legal for Heavy Metal?

You don't have to have a second slide for 9mm/.38 Super when you have a .40 slide. My SVI is a .40S&W and I only switch barrel, recoil spring and mag when I want to shoot 9mm Para. My gunsmith just fitted a 9mm Schuemann barrel to the .40 S&W slide. Absolute reliability with the .40 extractor :D

If you want a .45 barrel and the slide is made for .40 S&W, you have to have a second slide.

\\gorgon

I thought that you would need a second slide. I was just curious if the .45 GAP could be made to fit in the magwell/magazine of a .40 gun. Just take one top end off, and slide the other back on.

Benefits - being able to compete in two different divisions with one gun. Able to practice with the exact same grip and trigger pull for both division.

Cons - You actually have only one gun. ( I see this as a VERY bad thing)