Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi 2006: Rules And Classifications Questions

DDD

I'm an experienced shooter, but new to NRA Action Pistol-- Bianchi, specifically. Now registered for the 2006 Match.

Have been thru the Rulebooks and the Forums, but a few things are unclear:

Several entries in the Forums refer to Metallic Sight "Stock" class, but I've found no entry in the rulebooks that address it.

I've read the rule and 2006 rule changes on "Production Class", but have heard from knowledgable folks that rule intepretations vary so widely that it may not be worth the hassle.

Can someone give me a few examples of Production Class guns that do comply with the rule(s). Is, for instance, an STI Trojan regarded as a Production gun?

Is there a trigger pull requirement on Production Class guns?

Thanks for the help...

DDD

DDD,

There is no Stock class anymore. There is a Metallic Sight class that is self explanatory, and as a sub-class within that is a Production class, meaning that the gun cannot be a "custom shop" gun, and has to be pretty much as it left the factory.

There is a minimum 2 lb. trigger pull on all guns in order for them to be approved for NRA Action Pistol Competition, including the Cup.

Alan~^~

DDD,

There is no Stock class anymore. There is a Metallic Sight class that is self explanatory, and as a sub-class within that is a Production class, meaning that the gun cannot be a "custom shop" gun, and has to be pretty much as it left the factory.

There is a minimum 2 lb. trigger pull on all guns in order for them to be approved for NRA Action Pistol Competition, including the Cup.

Alan~^~

Much obliged.

DDD