Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Supplies In The Seminole Florida Area?

Cuz

Is anyone from the Seminole Florida area? My buddy is looking to start reloading and doesn't want to have to pay the Hazmat fee for mail order powder and primers in small beginner quantities. If anyone knows of a good source of reloading supplies in that area please let me know. From what he's told me a couple of local places he's checked want $25 for 1000 Federal primers. That's much higher than even I pay up here in MA.

Thanks,

-Cuz.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! Didn't expect this as I was looking thru the threads. I am in Seminole and there is a great place, not too far, called Harbor Reloading, 727 446 7233. Bob Piosssa is pretty well known as a BR50 shooter and the business is open from 11-6 M-F. He also shoots on Saturday and Sunday at the Wyoming Antelope Club and keeps his truck full of supplies.

Folks that can't make it to his shop during the week often call him and he brings the stuff out to the WAC on Saturday or Sunday morning.

He doesn't sell guns, though he orders them sometimes, but he has lots of powder, primers and bullets. Huge building on Hercules near Sunset Point Road. He has smome Dillon stuff and all kinds of dies, etc.

Only other place is Bill Jackson's on US 19 in PInellas Park. They are kind of expensive, but have bullets, powder and primers. The used to carry dies and brass, but I don't think they are doing it now since their hunting section supervisor, Gary, left. The price you quote sounds like the prices at Jackson's.

Bob

Agree with straightshooter1, Harbor Reloading in Clearwater is the only regular local supplier around here for anything related to reloading. The Firing Line Range in Port Richey has cheaper prices for brass in some calibers though, and there is a supplier that attends most of the local gun shows in the area that has better prices on powder and primers, but that's only once every two or three months. Harbor is the place to go for regular resupply in the Tampa Bay area.......

don

Agree with straightshooter1, Harbor Reloading in Clearwater is the only regular local supplier around here for anything related to reloading. The Firing Line Range in Port Richey has cheaper prices for brass in some calibers though, and there is a supplier that attends most of the local gun shows in the area that has better prices on powder and primers, but that's only once every two or three months. Harbor is the place to go for regular resupply in the Tampa Bay area.

Harbor realoading is a great place,also Gary Skiba who use to be at Bill Jackson's has his own shop.

GS CUSTOM GUNS PHONE#727-541-2200

He will custom load ammo for you and has some supplies to sell.

Also a good 1911 smith

pat

Edited by PJONES5

I should have mentioned Gary Skiba's new shop. I wasn't aware he was actually selling reloading supplies. He did sell me a Dillon powder measure the other day and he does have a fantastic set-up for his reloading.

He is also a fine revolver gunsmith. I have a 625 that had serious "issues" because the fellow I got it from had it "customized" by someone who messed it up. Gary fixed it, it works perfectly, and, considering all he had to do (he returned the bad parts), I thought it was a very fair price.

Bob

I should have mentioned Gary Skiba's new shop. I wasn't aware he was actually selling reloading supplies. He did sell me a Dillon powder measure the other day and he does have a fantastic set-up for his reloading.

He is also a fine revolver gunsmith. I have a 625 that had serious "issues" because the fellow I got it from had it "customized" by someone who messed it up. Gary fixed it, it works perfectly, and, considering all he had to do (he returned the bad parts), I thought it was a very fair price.

Bob

Thanks all for the responses. I shot at Bill Jackson's when I was down there visiting last May. Also shot in a small match at a place called "Knights" I think???

If anyone knows of any good places to shoot in that area please let me know and I'll pass that along as well.

-Cuz

As to Gary Skiba-I made a trip there today to check out if he was selling reloading supplies. He said he is slowly getting into them. I expect if you needed powder, primers, etc., he'd make 'em available. He's a very nice fellow, and, since I was there, I bought two more Dillon powder measures. I look forward to him getting completely set up. He's really got an impressive commercial reloading facility and several nice guns for sale.

As to places to shoot here, Knight's seems expensive for range time, some people swear at it, others swear by it. You can shoot handgun or rifles indoors there.

Bill Jackson's is old timey, won't let you shoot "fast" whatever that is. Mostly it is in the eye of the employee who happens to be there at the time. They are pleasant though.

The St. Pete Pistol Club is nice, is open most days/eves, is only $11 per day and they let you shoot "fast" if you want. No rifles except 22 rimfires, though.

The Wyoming Antelope Club is open Wed., Thurs. and Fri. AMs, Fri. PMs, and all day Sat./Sun. Rifles and handguns at this outdoor range. (All others are indoor).

Some limits on round capacity-one round from the bench at 100 yards, three in the mag at 50 yards from the bench for centerfire rifles and max of six in handguns.

This area is real densely populated, urban sprawl at its finest, so ranges are kind of hard to find.

Bob

As to Gary Skiba-I made a trip there today to check out if he was selling reloading supplies. He said he is slowly getting into them. I expect if you needed powder, primers, etc., he'd make 'em available. He's a very nice fellow, and, since I was there, I bought two more Dillon powder measures. I look forward to him getting completely set up. He's really got an impressive commercial reloading facility and several nice guns for sale.

As to places to shoot here, Knight's seems expensive for range time, some people swear at it, others swear by it. You can shoot handgun or rifles indoors there.

Bill Jackson's is old timey, won't let you shoot "fast" whatever that is. Mostly it is in the eye of the employee who happens to be there at the time. They are pleasant though.

The St. Pete Pistol Club is nice, is open most days/eves, is only $11 per day and they let you shoot "fast" if you want. No rifles except 22 rimfires, though.

The Wyoming Antelope Club is open Wed., Thurs. and Fri. AMs, Fri. PMs, and all day Sat./Sun. Rifles and handguns at this outdoor range. (All others are indoor).

Some limits on round capacity-one round from the bench at 100 yards, three in the mag at 50 yards from the bench for centerfire rifles and max of six in handguns.

This area is real densely populated, urban sprawl at its finest, so ranges are kind of hard to find.

Bob

I f you like to shoot ACTION PISTOL. AT THE WAC ON TUESDAY NIGHTS STARTING AT 6:30 we have a Single Stack Match(3 or 4 stages with a max of 24 rounds per stage)

Info at http://www.fwcdpc.com/pr05.htm.

On Thursday night at the WAC we have Defensive Pistol,info at http://antelopeclub.org/

and on Friday we have ACTION PISTOL USPSA.

So at the WAC there is more to do than just shoot at the PUBLIC LINE.

Also on Thursday and Friday we have ACTION SHOTGUN.

PLEANTY TO DO AT THE WAC.

PAT

Bob

I f you like to shoot ACTION PISTOL. AT THE WAC ON TUESDAY NIGHTS STARTING AT 6:30 we have a Single Stack Match(3 or 4 stages with a max of 24 rounds per stage)

Info at http://www.fwcdpc.com/pr05.htm.

On Thursday night at the WAC we have Defensive Pistol,info at http://antelopeclub.org/

and on Friday we have ACTION PISTOL USPSA.

So at the WAC there is more to do than just shoot at the PUBLIC LINE.

Also on Thursday and Friday we have ACTION SHOTGUN.

PLEANTY TO DO AT THE WAC.

PAT

Thanks again for the great info. I already passed it along. Maybe he'll run into one of you on the range. Heck, maybe I'll run into you also since we spent much of the time shooting when I go visit him.

-Cuz