Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taurus 608 Competition

Fishbreath

I've heard Caleb hinting at this for awhile, and I'm glad to see Taurus putting out a new product that works in the competition space.  I also think they'll get some sales from people who want a revolver, like the 357 capability, and has some neat features like the moon clips and adjustable trigger, but aren't necessarily looking for a dedicated game gun (or don't even shoot matches).  I hope that helps sales and recouping the R&D costs.

I currently have the basic 627 with the slab side shorter barrel, and I like the balance much more that what I'm sure the Taurus is--a full underlug 6" gun is quite a bit different than a slab side 4-5" gun.  It's also too bad that the 627 moon clips aren't compatible, and that turns it from an easy buy for me as a back-up to, "well maybe I'll spend a bit more for a second 627 and keep all the moon clips, holsters, parts, etc. the same between both guns.

While I own a fair number of taurus revolvers, and I'm really happy they are making the comp gun, it's going to be a hard sell for me personally.  But, for someone who wants to get into matches, it's probably something to recommend as one of the more inexpensive ways to get into an 8 shot moon clip gun.