Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 with 507 comp on direct mill-any option to run a Romeo 3 XL??

VU2AKILL

Picked up a Shadow 2 recently.  Slide was milled by Primary Machine for the direct mount of a 507 Comp.  While this dot is pretty decent, I still would rather use the Romeo 3 XL that I have become use to on my other pistols.  Do I have any option to be able to run a 3XL without more mill work?  Maybe with the use of a plate??  I figure it is a long shot but maybe someone here has figured out a way.

According to the Sig website ROMEO3XL 1x35 MM (sigsauer.com) the 3 XL has its' own proprietary footprint.

Perhaps reach out to Sig and request a "Reference Drawing" for the 3 XL and do the same with Holosun for the 507 comp and then do a comparison. A bit of research on your part.

Perhaps someone will weigh in with prior experience.

2 hours ago, pcar157 said:

According to the Sig website ROMEO3XL 1x35 MM (sigsauer.com) the 3 XL has its' own proprietary footprint.

Perhaps reach out to Sig and request a "Reference Drawing" for the 3 XL and do the same with Holosun for the 507 comp and then do a comparison. A bit of research on your part.

Perhaps someone will weigh in with prior experience.

Thanks for doing "a bit of resesrch" for me.   😆  I have both dots so I don't need a drawing and I have already compared them to know howv they are different. Just trying to see if someone out there may have figured something out with plates or maybe a company I haven't stumbled into on the web yet has a solution.

• 2 months later...