Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Grip Problem For Small Handed Female

JLB-US

Kind of hard to describe the issue and I'll try to get pic tommorow, but maybe someone here has heard of it, or seen it before and can offer some advice.

A petite lady at the office I work with borrowed my G-23 this weekend. She was fairly happy with her shooting but complained of the gun hitting her "thumb knuckle", and hurting her which I thought was kind of odd.

When she showed me her grip I could see the problem right off, the trigger reach for her small hands is so far, there is virtually no palm behind the gun at all. What this leaves is the first knuckle (closest to the hand) of her thumb sitting 1/4" below the "Beavertale" (for lack of a better term) area of the very rear of the gun. Every time she shoots it comes down and smacks her right on top of the knuckle *ouch!* Tried to get her to move her hadn up on the gun but it just didn't seem to work.

I vaugely recall reading something about some smaller statured female FBI agents having "thumb issues" with the Glock when first introduced. Maybe this is connected???

Thanks for any ideas or help!

Only help I can offer is to recommend them trying a Springfield XD, SIG with the special short trigger, Tanfolio (or clone ie. CZ), or a small frame revolver. I've help a few people with smallish hands with similiar problems and different guns was a better solution than pulling the trigger with the weakhand.