Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Primer Pro jamming at the feed tube

Anyone else here running the primer pro and having it jam up a primer right at the point where it drops into the feed tube? 

This issue has become so obnoxious that I am constantly having to babysit the thing, probably every 10 rounds or so a primer gets canted right at the point where it falls down into the tube, which then backs the entire machine up with primers and ultimately stops the machine

I've found this machine to be incredibly finicky overall, hard to say I could really recommend it to anyone at this point given all of the issues I've had with it not liking specific primer brands (I bought 6k Winchester primers and, well, they won't really work with this thing)

At the moment the primers I am using are Fiocchi, and the jamming problem seems to be at an all time high when using them

The primer pro is a turd. Sorry man, I'm out $$$ on it too. It's a finicky pain in the ass with everything except CCI or Federals, but with primer prices these days who can afford those! You can fuss with it by loosening the screws a touch on the plate, wiping it down with Pledge, or rolling your primers around in some silicon spray. These things help a bit, but with the aforementioned primers it's finicky and slow. 

Love to hear if anyone else has found a solution in the past few years.