Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New (to me) Match

Picked up another Match. Came with 38 Super slide. Seemed to be low round count, slide still had finish on back of rails. Planned on installing barrel from a 9mm Match slide, but liked the fit of the 4,000 round count 9mm slide better on frame. Smoother. 
  Did not know Tanfoglio made a Match frame without the rail. Good decision on their part. The mags came with pretty base pads to boot. IMG_0054.thumb.jpeg.e2467aba1c4b07b709644130f76cfd3c.jpeg

Thanks! Those grips require a little fitting to be snug all around. Having an extra set is why I purchased another Match. 
  Buying a used Tanfoglio is a gamble. Many did not run correctly straight out of the box. A low round count used one could have issues. 
  The new one has been worked on. The frame has been “pinched” or had some type of tightening performed. The slide cycled fine, but getting it off the frame required serious pulling. Got stuck and had to really push to remove. Same with going back on.
  Checked trigger return spring, acted like it was out of slot and dragging on slide. But it was just tight fit. My old 9mm slide fit much better. Still was a little tight, but not getting stuck going on or off. 
  Trigger feat great. Very light, with consistent break. But when at range got several inadvertent fires. Had been shooting a Beretta 92 Xi with a four pound trigger right before. Was pulling through the wall accidentally.  Too light, for my skills.

When I got home checked with my Lyman. Trigger breaks at 1#, 12 oz. 
   A CZ TS owner might love this. But it is a pound too low for me. 
  Plan on installing a standard TRS, got to have light TRS and Sear Spring to be under two pounds. I prefer the standard TRS, kicks the trigger back faster.
  I expected to do some polishing on trigger to get pull down. Found I need to raise it.  
 Those fancy base pads on the mags should have gotten my attention.

IMG_0067.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...