Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super Gp100 firing pin bushing

I'm hoping Jay sees this, will take advice from whomever.  I cannot find a firing pin bushing tool for my supers and match champs. Bowen classic won't answer my emails asking about it and Ruger cs won't give me one of theirs. It's not on any websites as far that I've checked. I recall iowegan saying something about making one, but I didn't know if you knew of a better option (snake eyes bit etc.) Have not had a problem with a spring yet just trying to fill out my tool catalog lol.

+10 pts to the first person that tells me to swap to smith, +5 pts to the first person that tells me to send it back to ruger

Every time I've emailed Bowen, the end result is, "Give us a call to place an order," so skipping to that step might get you over the hurdle with them. The Bowen extended firing pin comes with a drawing of their tool a machine shop could work with, too—if you know a guy, I can send you a copy of it.

When you inevitably break the pins off in the tool because of over-torque, a shop magnet helps to pull them out so you can replace them. Bowen sells drill rod with the tool so you can make replacements, but I have the McMaster-Carr part number for additional replacements written down, too.

There might be a size of snake-eyes bit that works. It occurs to me that I can probably check that against the tool drawing.

A shop torch is handy for loosening up whatever threadlocker the factory puts on the bushing.

edit: I heard somewhere (don't remember where) that Ruger is more willing to sell you the 'factory fit' parts if you know their internal part numbers, but I don't know the one for the factory bushing tool.

Edited by Fishbreath