Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Minn uh SO tah!

lance22

Re-entering the shooting world after a hiatus. 

Was a USPSA member for a few years, back in the middle 2000's.   Ended up getting into motorcycles which diverted my interests.  Stopped shooting altogether for almost a decade. Then came the G Floyd riots, and I realized I better get back on the ball.  Renewed my Permit to Carry. I was so rusty from neglect that when took my carry piece apart and put it back together that I actually made a mistake and would not work correctly at the range.  What a wake up call.  Back to square one.  Every last bit of proficiency I had built up in five (?) years of USPSA was gone.  All of it.

I've revamped the collection and accessories, have regular range visits, started taking training classes including the most basic classes, populated by people who have never held a 'real gun', people who insert the magazine backwards, all that jazz.  No speeches about how I "used to ...."; just another person who doesn't know how to shoot. 

Two and a half years back into my rehabilitation into the shooting world, I renewed my USPSA membership and will be attending local events.  Feels great to be back.

Edited by lance22
grammar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...