Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ltt 92 not going to single action??

Derpinpanda

Hi everyone,

So a weird thing has happened at my last uspsa match where i would go through a course of fire without problems until randomly slide would return forward but the hammer would follow and I would be in DA not SA. I probably have 8000 rounds into my LTT 92 RDO. I bought it directly from LTT and has the trigger job and has the match hammer. Is it possible that it was ammo related? I highly doubt I out ran my gun. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm planning on sending it in for a top end rebuild this offseason anyway and have LTT look at it anyway but would love to get to the bottom of it sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the input!

I had somewhat of a similar issue with my Shadow 2 last week; the hammer would occasionally fall to half cock and not reset completely. The trigger bar spring wasn't pushing up on the trigger bar enough (frame screw was loose). I'm not familiar with exactly how the Beretta works but I would suspect the issue to be something similar (sear/hammer/trigger bar).

A couple of things to check; Does the trigger bar act normally when you dry fire and watch it? Sometimes the bar rubs on the underside of the grip panel. look for wear on the bar and the panel. Either dremel extra clearance from the grip panel or put a couple layers of tape on the frame around the top grip screw to space it out a bit. Since it is so intermittent it will be hard to track down so I'd replace the trigger bar spring and sear spring.

Thank you all for the input! I was also given the idea that there may be some build up in the hammer so Ill probably start by doing a little more of a "deep" clean with actual solution since my normal method is just wipe it down then apply some more oil