Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Bullseye shooter questions

Boscoe

I am way too old to do any action type shooting, and am possessor of really bad back that requires I sit most of the time while shooting.

That said, I am the owner of 2 Les Baer 45's, 2 Tanfoglio Stock Masters, one of which had the full monty at PD, a CZ 97 with the full monty 

at Cajun Gun works, plus the newest addition, a Tanfoglio Limited Stock master which arrived today. All my guns are 45.  I almost never shoot 9mm.

Seeing that this forum is not a Bullseye forum, I can get that kind of info at the Bullseye forum, duh- but nobody shoots Tanfoglio at serious

bullseye  matches, near as I can find out.

I have some questions about Tanf 45's.  Why doesn't the mag on the Limited take the same mag as the Stock Master?  Is there an adjustment?

What modifications are needed to the Limited to make it a smooth operator?  My handholds are in the 700 to 775fps range with 185 or 200gr

bullets, for a softer recoil.  I tried a few of them in the Limited today, hoping I had enough recoil springs to get reasonable ejections-what is the

groups opinions on  compound springs vs the simpler version?

All my shooting is at an indoor range, 20 yds max, and only bullseye.

Hope I found a good place for Tanf. shooters, they are my favorite.

I’m fairly new to tanfoglios, but it sounds like you have a combo of small and large frame guns. That’s why your mags don’t interchange.  Again. I’m not expert. I’ve only been shooting my stock master about a year now, but it’s pretty much all I shoot now as I love the gun. Mine was done by Jim at j&L 

check this out 

tanfo-info-frames-lengths.jpg

found out the prob. The rubber (plastic?) base on the Stock Master mags stick out in front and

thus the Limited's mag well won't let that part go into the mag well far enough to seat the mag.

The limited's mags have a much larger foot, but it does not stick out in front at all-they work fine in the Stock Master, but the Stock Master's won't in the limited.

I cut about 3/8" off the front of one mag and that did it.  The mags are identical metal, just different feet and that was the issue.  Now to decide whether to butcher a bunch of mags or buy new feet.