Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 blue bullet 147gr RN 1.145 oal?

Robbizza

New reloader here,from majority of the reading I have found about blue bullets 147gr Oal is that people get to around 1.10-1.12 max but I'm able to get about 1.145 reliably in my shadow 2 barrel with plunk test and it spins.does anyone else get this type of Oal and is loading longer more accurate? 

Edited by Robbizza
Hit post on accident before finished

Im also fairly new to pistol reloading but from what ive read loading longer (like rifles) generally doesnt help pistol accuracy. I ended up having my CZ’s reamed because i had to load blue 147rn’s to something ridiculous like 1.06

1 hour ago, OpenshooterMclass4lyfe said:

I was loading blue bullets 147s at 1.130 for a shadow 2 when I had one.   Some chambers are deeper but from most folks that run s2s they’re lucky to get 1.130 and it work reliably.   I never had any issues with accuracy at that oal.   

I thought it odd that I could get 1.14 consistently and most others were loading much smaller,around 1.10. I think I'm gunna try 1.135 at 3.2gr titegroup see where that puts me for power factor 

43 minutes ago, ColoradoNick said:

Im also fairly new to pistol reloading but from what ive read loading longer (like rifles) generally doesnt help pistol accuracy. I ended up having my CZ’s reamed because i had to load blue 147rn’s to something ridiculous like 1.06

Thats crazy short but not uncommon from what i have been seeing.what do Oal do you load to with the reamed? 

3 minutes ago, Robbizza said:

I thought it odd that I could get 1.14 consistently and most others were loading much smaller,around 1.10. I think I'm gunna try 1.135 at 3.2gr titegroup see where that puts me for power factor 

I want to say I dropped it down to 3.1 maybe even 3.0 with titegroup at 1.130 for the shadow 2 and I had a low 130 pf.  

22 hours ago, OpenshooterMclass4lyfe said:

I want to say I dropped it down to 3.1 maybe even 3.0 with titegroup at 1.130 for the shadow 2 and I had a low 130 pf.  

Sounds good,I'll load some at 3.1 and 3.0 at 1.135 and see what pf I come up with.

23 hours ago, Robbizza said:

Thats crazy short but not uncommon from what i have been seeing.what do Oal do you load to with the reamed? 

I ended up switching to flat nose acme 147’s and I could reload up to 1.16, ended up loading them to 1.13 so they would also work in my P10F. Ive recently switched to RMR 124’s and load them to 1.10. This was too long for my DWX so PD is reaming that barrel right now.