Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DSC Gunworks Staccato Comp Barrel Kit

bulldog009

Does anyone have any experience with the DSC Gunworks Comp Barrel Kit for the Staccato P? I bought a Staccato P to run as an open gun for 3 gun with the intention of getting it ported at some point down the line, but this barrel kit is intriguing. He claims they've had enough P's through the shop that they feel confident in their measurements for the barrel to be a drop in fit. It would also be nice to not have the pistol machined for porting and keeping the warranty intact. 

Looking for some feedback before I decide whether to buy one to try or not. 

253871039_1019847658580859_1589974181676

I had one… it worked well and I cannot say I had any issues. 

your other option would be to purchase a threaded barrel directly through Staccato and run a cadre comp. I currently run this setup and like the flexibility of being able to shoot suppressed when I’d like

24 minutes ago, mandiesel said:

I had one… it worked well and I cannot say I had any issues. 

your other option would be to purchase a threaded barrel directly through Staccato and run a cadre comp. I currently run this setup and like the flexibility of being able to shoot suppressed when I’d like

I've considered that - but my Staccato is 100% a competition gun, so I don't ever see the need to suppress it. Staccato also charges $500 to get a threaded barrel fitted, then you have to get the comp - so I was just hoping this DSC kit would kill both birds with one stone, and do it at a lower price. 

20 hours ago, mandiesel said:

If your intent is to run this in open major, I think the single port comp will leave a lot to be desired. 

I shoot open in 3 Gun, no major power factor needed. Single port or ported with slide ride optics are what work best for 3 Gun as it allows us to put the pistol in a full retention holster since we do a lot more movement than in USPSA.