Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dynamic Performance Trigger Pull Weight

Almo

I installed the Dynamic Performance Trigger in my PDP.  The pre-travel and over-travel were reduced, but the trigger pull went up from 4lb 11oz to 5lb 8oz.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  I have the Sprinco spring kit ordered, but I can't imagine it will get the trigger pull down to the 3.5lb that I always hear about.  Any thoughts on this?

I installed the Dynamic trigger in 2 of my Q5 SF. The trigger weight didn't seem to go down but I didn't measure it. Two years later they have lightened up quite a bit...still haven't measured them. I use the SF for USPSA.

I stand corrected.  My left side slide release, which also serves as the trigger pivot was very tight going through the right side slide release.  I don't think it was as tight going through the trigger pivot hole, but I put a drop of oil on that.  Not sure how much of a difference that made.  Then I received and installed the Sprinco kit.  The trigger pull dropped to 3lb even.  I haven't had it to the range yet to make sure it functioned.  That'll probably be next week.  If everything functions as it should, I'm going to be very happy with it.