Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from NoCo

dogcaller

Hey, everybody!  I have shot IDPA and similar outlaw matches for years.  Looking to improve my skills and get into USPSA shooting -- it seems like this is a great forum for that.  These days, the only other forum I spend much time on is pistol-forum.  

My aim is to improve my overall skills.  I lean more toward the practical side than the gamesman side of things (no offense to anyone), and I believe USPSA will push my skill development with practical equipment and increase opportunities to compete--as well as have a lot of fun.  I take safety seriously but don't take myself too seriously.  Regarding my shooting, years ago, on an IDPA classifier I got lucky and squeaked into a M classification.  Mid-high SS is where I typically lived.  Lots of room for improvement.  I fully expect to get smoked at USPSA matches.

I have used a variety of pistols over the years, but Glock 9s the most.  My first foray into RDO is a LTT 92 with an SRO, though I currently have a G17 slide out for milling and mounting a Steiner MPS.  

I'm in Fort Collins so Weld County is the closest, and I'm also planning to try our Boulder.  I'm a member at Northern Colorado Rod and Gun Club and they have hosted IDPA and outlaw matches over the years, but the current iteration doesn't even keep score.  It's decent for practice, and the guys/gals are great, but, for me, it doesn't justify the time (all of the waiting between stages) just for a practice session.  Others feel differently, and that's fine with me, of course.  

Well, as you can see, I tend to talk too much, but generally not on forums.  Looking forward to a lot of lurking/listening/learning here!