Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Brutality — Most productive Dry-Fire method for Glock I’ve ever tried

Stepan

This was supposed to be a short not important video. But some people tried it and asked really good questions, which made me remember a few things, so I guess I should park it here as well. 

Few things I remembered thanks to comments:

1. This method is based on DA/SA experience and heavy DA Dry-Fire with CZ P-09 (RIP)
  2. First phase (pre-reset) might be impossible not to fail on light, short triggers like SAO
    • Think of Force Level changes more than of Trigger Position changes, e.g. reducing pressure and finger tissue compression
    • It’s still useful to practice this phase, to increase the resolution of pressure sensitivity in the trigger finger
    • In Glock this phase has most resistance, which helps with accuracy, in better triggers it’s more about range of motion and speed
  3. Trigger Pump is a technique using first phase, rapidly increasing the range of motion, until you fail into super-fast reset-click — might help improve maximum trigger speed 
    • WARNING: riding reset too close will result in Trigger Freezes subject to tension, fatigue and temperature
  4. 32-round count is based on USPSA stage round count limit. Personally I can go higher than that in Freestyle, but WHO and SHO are more around 14 and 24 “rounds” currently. Combined with full strength and intensity of the grip — this works on top of Christian Sailer’s idea of Grip Longevity, which now can be considered Grip/Trigger Longevity

Edited by Stepan