Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 TTI +4 Baseplate & Springs

Hox013

Hello. I have an Accushadow 2 and have been looking into getting the Taran +4 baseplates. I currently have Mecgar AFC and Nickle plated magazines with the +2 plastic bumpers on the bottom. 

If I get the TTI baseplates, will I need a new magazine spring to reliably get slide lock? 

Thanks in advance

On 1/6/2023 at 7:26 AM, Hox013 said:

Hello. I have an Accushadow 2 and have been looking into getting the Taran +4 baseplates. I currently have Mecgar AFC and Nickle plated magazines with the +2 plastic bumpers on the bottom. 

If I get the TTI baseplates, will I need a new magazine spring to reliably get slide lock? 

Thanks in advance

following....

You likely will need a new magazine spring. I have TTI +4 on both my black mags and nickel plated mags with grams guts to get 23+1.

My magazines do not currently lock the slide back reliably.. but in USPSA I guess that doesn't really matter. Just don't shoot to empty or be aware of the amount of remaining rounds in your magazines.

It is my understanding the gram innards don't lock the slide back mostly because of the follower. I could be wrong as I have no personal experience with them. I desire slide lock for reasons beyond competition. I've received other reports that the stock spring probably works fine, but none of it seems like it was said with confidence. In the end I'll probably yend up trying it and go from there. I appreciate your feedback