Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Not Indexing Every Four Cycles

Can someone please offer some guidance...have been reloading on a 550 for several years and finally purchased a 650...Have everything set up and every four rounds the machine does not index creating 2 cases in station 1...I can manually index and the machine will run another four rounds before requiring the manual index again...

Thanks for any assistance you can provide...

Have not been messy...brand new machine...Dillon forgot the plastic feeder tube, thus had plenty of time to set up...the indexing problem was noted before adding primers and powder...

ok so this is as set up by Dillion, you may have a defective shell plate. on the bottom is five "holes" that the indexing arm grabs,, if the hole is not the same = that would be the problem. Did you get extra shell plates? if so look at the bootom and you will have one to compar it to, the botom on all 650 shellplates looks the same. The ball barring on a spring sets in one hole buthte arm grabs one to turn it.

The 650 is grate but I have had to hlep on several first setups

email me if you like

assc@sbcglobal.net

Jamie

Pulled the shell plate off and the rubber plug was deformed. This was creating the indexing problem every 5 cycles...Thanks for the assistance...

Well that's grate! now that you broke somthing, or found somthing broken, you will be good for years of 100% service.

I managed to break someting like that too the first week. I have gone five years with only minor problems. the thing is never down over night.

Good luck

Jamie