Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed

awleland

Yep. According to Rescomp, extra spacers are needed for the current trigger guard kit. Also, you'd have to cut the screws to fit and match the number of spacers. That's for 1911...and since the WSM, can accomodate 1911 as well as CZ, I believe it should work.

Agreed. By swaping shims I managed to fit an open Glock into a CR speed Revolver holster.

HOWEVER, here is a warning. I nearly shot my foot off using a CZ Standard IPSC in a Limcat for 1911. Turns out the Limcat lock will actually touch the trigger of a TS or Standard IPSC. No problem - until the safety is off (which it should never be - in the holster). All was fine until a practice where I forgot to unlock the Limcat. After nearly giving myself a wedgie, I went for the Limcat lock & inadvertantly hit the thumb safety. Pow! - round nearly hit my foot while the gun was IN the holster (and trigger covered). Learn from my stupid mistake and test even for things you would think never happen. I found out the hard way; you don't need to go that route.

Lesson for you is: test your CR Speed holster with an unloaded TS with BOTH safety on and OFF. If the holster is safe, the hammer should never drop na matter what you do. Needless to say, never ever use the TS in a 1911/2011 holster from Limcat. BTW - the Limcat is 100% safe when used with the gun for which it was intended.

Edited by Carlos