Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cross-sport Gear

Airic

After a 3 year break from shooting Im finally back in the game. Im going to be starting off slow though because my job limits the time I get to shoot matches. So I just want to get all the matches in I can. I decided to shoot IDPA/IPSC production because you can use similar equipment for both. Starting from scratch, with a stock Glock 22, can I get some suggestions on equipment that can be used effectively in both sports?

Also...what (if any) are some minor mods i can do to the gun that will still keep it legal in both sports.

I'd switch to a steel guide rod/spring combo... this will put you in ESP in IDPA. Magwell, if you go aluminum, you can still be ESP.( Brass is a no-no in IDPA...) Get plenty of mags. Get a good kydex holster (Comp-tac,Blade-tech, Ready Tactical all good stuff) and a sturdy belt, if you don't have already. I use my Wilderness belt in IDPA, and have a CR Speed for USPSA. Personal preference, but I like plenty of grip tape, too. Eric Wesselman makes some good stuff, along with a few others. I'd prob opt for the 3 1/2 lb. trigger, with a nice polish job. Otherwise, really not that much really needed to make it go. There are plenty of other things, but since you want to stay legal for both games, you'll have to be more careful. That's my .223 on the topic.......I'm sure others will chime in with more/better/detailed info, as well.

Mike