Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rear sight elevation srping. Tanfoglio Stock II

Igarciatf

Believe it or not, I called EAA and they sent me one gratis.  Is your Stock 2 an EAA gun? 

I've had trouble finding one otherwise, unless you look on a European site.  Just have to find a similar type spring & cut it.

BTW:

Did you lose the original because the head of the screw sheared?  If so, shim underneath the sight with a piece of rubber to keep the sight from flexing under recoil and you'll drastically reduce the metal fatigue to the screw head and greatly increase it's longevity. 

Hi, I´m from Spain, my Stock is directly from Tanfoglio. I´ve been looking in different european websites but can´t find it either and LPA won´t answer my emails. If not I´ll just take the spring out and measure it and zero the gun again. I want a spare one (I do have two screws) because I saw in a competition a rear sight flop open, it broke the screw and lost the spring, the guy couldn´t finish the competition with his gun. 

Cheers

BTW: 

When you zero your gun, count your clicks to remove the screw, clean it, apply blue Loctite, reinsert the screw to the proper number of clicks, let cure for a day, shim rubber up under the sight. 

On 1/1/2022 at 11:09 AM, Igarciatf said:

rear sight elevation spring for my Stock II

I have multiple TFs with that sight and have never lost the spring. I would recommend a cut down extractor spring. It should have enough tension and be small enough in diameter to fit. These are easy to find.