Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kydex M1 Garand Clip Holder - Interested?

Ceol

I've been shooting rifle matches with a Garand, and the thing I'm having the most trouble with is finding a handy way to store extra clips on my body. All the options I've seen (primarily the old USGI ammo belts and Carbine/Garand/1911 2-mag/clip pouches) have been significantly slower than the common mag pouches for box magazines.

Today I spoke with the fellow who runs Center of Mass Tactical about the possibility of making a kydex belt holder for one or two M1 clips, as well as a holder to keep a clip on the side of the rifle, for easy prone reloading. He told me that if I could arrange to order a dozen such holders, he would be willing to make them (fewer than that and it's not worth the time to design a product that isn't in much demand). We didn't nail down an exact design (I gave him a couple M1 clips to tinker with), but it would basically hold two clips on a belt by friction (no snaps), positioned for quick access (our thought was to position the clips with the cartridges pointing about 45 degrees down and forward). Price would be between $20 and $30.

So, I'm looking for anyone who would be interested in such a product. If enough people are tenatively interested (pending the exact price and design), we can get these made.

If you would be interested in getting one or more such clip holders, please contact me by private message.

Thanks!

PS - I don't have any affiliation with COM Tactical, and I wouldn't be making any money from this - I just want to get myself two of these holders.

I've been toying with the idea of using a Garand next spring at some club matches. Since there's nothing out there much for a Garand, I was thinking the same thing about pushing the blocs onto some web suspenders.

The weapons choice for this are- Garand, 1911, pump 12.

I have used the sling to hold clips on occasion, but (and I expect this would happen with web gear as well) sometimes when I yank a clip off to use one of the cartridges gets pulled forward enough to prevent loading.

chp5 - Thanks for the name. I'll keep him in mind.