Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What About The Cz 75 Champion

T8WG

I have never shot a match but I am seriously considering purchasing a CZ 75 Champion and trying out the sport, just wondering what the general consensus is on the gun for use in IPSC shooting on a entry level.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you "Flex" for bringing back reality. Sometimes we can get over enthusiastic when something spikes our interest.

T8WG-

In my humble opinion you would be making a great choice by starting up with Cz products. If you want to bite the bullet and go for the "gusto", by all means get the Champion and build from there. But if you want to start from the "non race gun" side, then my suggestion would be the regular Cz 75 B (d/a first shot s/a after that) and begin by shooting "Production". Heck, you can even shoot IDPA with it too. The purchase price for a new Cz 75 B is very affordable.

Were you to start with the s/a only you would not be allowed to shoot it in Production (correct me if I'm wrong) and you would be in Limited 10 or Limited. But if you get the s/a only in .40 S&W you would be in a better position to compete in these classes. Although this is considered the "realm" of the 1911's with some Glocks thrown in.

If your intention is to buy either one of these guns to later convert/update to a Cz Champion format, you will find that many parts (including slide) do not readily match. You would be really talking, as you said you probably would anyway, end up with two separate guns. And as we all know it to be: the more the merrier. Welcome aboard!!!!

:D:D:DB)B)

The CZ UB Open team are already using a CZ75 TS modified with hybrid and comp I belive there 170mm magazine are getting 29 rounds but don't know that for sure they are certianly getting more compeitive.

These are custom built guns and there ahve been no plans to import anything like that US simply does not have the sleas for it.

As far as the champion and Open is concerend the biggest problem is magazine capacity. I shoot mine for steel challenge and steel match per say.

I ahve a 8 port TI comp built by Brian Hawley (Thanks brian) anf V8 short block machine in by Frankie Glenn. Everthign is possible it is after all only money

• 1 month later...

The simple answer.

I am afraid is that there is no simple answer.

We are comparing apples with apples they are all guns they all go bang. (well most of the time)

Some are plastic some are steel the best advice I can give you is get along to a USPSA clubs and ask if you can try out some guns, go to the gun store handle some guns, see what fits. The deciding how much moeny you want to spend and remember it doesnt stop with the gun make a decision. Stick with it.

Everyone here has there own opnion, that why they spend so much time talking about it.