Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34.5 Extractor Breech Face Wear

hermes_actual

I have two G34.5. One has approximately 10,000 rounds and the other about 5,000. They are both cleaned regularly (about 2x/month). On the lower round count gun, I just noticed extractor wear on the breech face. The ejector looks fine. The higher round count gun has no wear. I haven't found any similar reports in searching and am looking for advice. TIA.

https://imgur.com/XCQdnwe

For comparison:

https://imgur.com/AOsmeAD

Edited by hermes_actual
Changed "ejector" to "extractor".

I went to go look at my 2020 purchased Glock 34 Gen 5.  I can't quite tell what you are referring to in the pictures?  I mean, aside from one of them having the breechface cut and one does not, what specifically are you talking about by "breechface wear"?

27 minutes ago, Llando88 said:

I went to go look at my 2020 purchased Glock 34 Gen 5.  I can't quite tell what you are referring to in the pictures?  I mean, aside from one of them having the breechface cut and one does not, what specifically are you talking about by "breechface wear"?

I'm referring to the breech face cut. I've learned that it's normal. I thought the extractor might have worn the breech face since I didn't see it on my other 34. Thanks for clarifying.

Ah, gotcha.  The breech face cut seems to have been introduced after the Gen 5's got into production.  My 2017 early model Glock 19 (with half moon cut) did not have one; my 2020 purchase Glock 34 and my 2021 purchase Glock 19 both have one.  It appears as a small groove or indentation on the breechface; my belief is to aid to ejection.

Ok, so I took my G34 apart (1,351 rounds of factory FMJ) and can see what you are talking about.  Mine manifests itself with a square indentation under the face of the extractor (Glock Part 10).  I cleaned the front of the breechface as best I could and got this shot (I am no photographer.)  Hope this helps as a reference.

IMG_9595.jpg