Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New reloader - questions on a case feeder window cuff and plate clutch adjustment

kmcdonou

I wanted to adjust the case feeder window cuff and according to the instructions "The Cuff can be adjusted by loosening the black knurled nut, it is incorporates a 3/16” hex. Slide the Cuff into position, making sure that the small leg in locked into the adjustment notch for the desired opening size, and retighten the nut to no more than 10 to 12 inch-pounds to lock it into position."  

However when I loosened the nut all the way off, the cuff does not move easily without scraping the edge off of the ridges separating the adjustment notches.  This picture shows what I mean. I struggled by pushing on the back of the metal cuff, inside the case bowl, to lift up the first tab of the cuff, while using a flat blade screwdriver to pry up the second tab, and then slid the cuff over.  It wasn't easy to do without scraping the ridges as mentioned. Is there a better way of doing this?  Not that I have to do it very often, but I want to know how to do it without ruining the notches on the case bowl.

Image of window cuff

Secondly, I want to adjust the case feeder clutch. Although I don't have cartridges yet, I want to see what slippage looks like.  I recorded a video that shows me pushing in my finger while the plate feeder is moving. Is the resulting action show the plate slipping as it should or is the motor bogging down?  I am trying to get a feel for what slippage looks like. I adjusted the two screws fairly loosely. Is there a torque per inch pounds I can start with to set the tension of the screws?   Note I added an Entirely Crimson plate nob so it the plate will look slightly different than the stock plate. 

Video of plate under pressure

Edited by kmcdonou

I swear I’m not being cute.

There is a page in the back of the instructions that gives the ramp position, cuff position, and speed for all the cartridges by cartridge. 

I believe there is also a page that talks about clutch adjustment as well. 

Edited by iflyskyhigh