Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brekke Custom 9mm

My first thoughts of my Brekke Custom PCC setup.
I do not shoot pcc but I wanted an AR to practice with at work on the indoor range. Queue the 9mm pcc. I snatched up a aero epc receiver set, which is nothing special, but has a last round hold open that I wanted since it needs to mimic an AR15. I bought Brekke Customs 12.5” barrel, break and carbon fiber handguard combo. I’m running a stern bolt, a 308 buffer spring and 5.5 oz carbine buffer. Guns empty weight with a primary arms dot is 1 oz short of 6 lbs. 

It may not be the best combination of parts ever but i am very pleased with the results. Shooting my pistol reloads (147 BBI over 3.0g clay dot) the gun is a bit sluggish, I’m sure just a result of not having enough gas. But shooting factory ammo the gun runs soft and flat, just as good as any properly tuned 5.56 that I own. The dot barely moves while shooting.

I can’t say enough good things about the customer service at brekke and the quality of product he puts out. I’m sure his comp is most of the reason this gun runs so well. I have around 1k stoppage free rounds through the gun with many more to come I’m sure. 

So far I have used Glock, magpul and ets mags. Glock and magpul mags run fantastic. 
My opinion of ets is they  are junk. First time I dropped them with ammo the base plates exploded off the mag leaving guts and ammo all over the floor. The springs bind in the tube, the follower look like they’re going to flip over if you look at them wrong. 

691E325E-7790-4B3C-B6B9-62BBB53DA021.jpeg