Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which bolt to choose?

I'm currently building up a couple PCCs.  I'm using a FM bolt in one right now, but was thinking of trying something else for the other.  Here are the ones that I am considering:

Stern Defense - Nickle Boron

Iron City Red Mohawk 3.0 - Copperhead

I'd like something that is coated just for easier cleanup and friction reduction in the blowback system.

Any others I should look at?  Any general feelings on the two listed?

18 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

Are you short stroking or anything like that? Does trigger reset need to be considered? 

I've got a KynShot RB 5020SS on the way, so that will short stroke it.  Hyperfire Eclipse for the trigger.

3 minutes ago, LeviSS said:

I've got a KynShot RB 5020SS on the way, so that will short stroke it.  Hyperfire Eclipse for the trigger.

Then you’ll want to be sure you can get proper trigger reset with that combo. no experience with either of those bolts.. but I have run that trigger with the 5020ss and Taccom ESSB and it was finicky in a carbine tube.. trigger reset perfectly.. but had Fred issues with with 130ish PF ammo. You basically have to compress the hydro completely to pick up rounds 100%. The 5020ss is a little short for a regular carbine tube. I recommend an A5 and shim it down to your allowable stroke. 

7 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

Then you’ll want to be sure you can get proper trigger reset with that combo. no experience with either of those bolts.. but I have run that trigger with the 5020ss and Taccom ESSB and it was finicky in a carbine tube.. trigger reset perfectly.. but had Fred issues with with 130ish PF ammo. You basically have to compress the hydro completely to pick up rounds 100%. The 5020ss is a little short for a regular carbine tube. I recommend an A5 and shim it down to your allowable stroke. 

Thanks.  I'm currently running an A5 tube, so that's what I am going to do.

Edited by LeviSS