Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC hammer strike face

Does anyone have this issue?  I’ve had 5 triggers in my Sig MPX Competition, and they all have done this.  I hit up a local friend who has the same exact trigger setup and his hammer does not have nearly as much deformation as mine. 

I have maybe about 1500 rounds with this hammer. It’s a Hiperfire Eclipse. 

I must add, I have not had any trigger assembly related issues so far with this setup (I think). I still have had the random failure to feed issue. This past weekend at my first match of the season, I had 2 failures to eject. 

B7283E62-7F3E-40B7-B5A5-973455BA1327.png

Edited by Bdh821

I have over 12 thousand round on a Timney MPX gen 1 trigger with no excessive wear in my Gen 2 MPX. I do use captured pins. Failure to eject can be extractor spring related, I use a BCM spring and insert with no donut. I tried A standard spring and insert and got failures to eject before installing the BCM. The donut caused too much tension and would not snap over cartridge case Causing a failure to go into battery.

I just put a new extractor spring and insert I got from ILWT. I put the original donut back in as my ILWT kit didn’t come with donuts. I ran 450rds thru it after spring replacement and it ran mint. 

My factory Timney MPX competiton trigger worked flawless and had the least amount of deformation on it. My Timney DH3 has almost as much as the ECL now. But the DH3 stopped running.