Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rainier .357 Sig Bullet

Harmon

ordered some of them from midway thinking if they are good to .357 sig velocities, there good for 38 super.

arrived yesterday, loaded this morning when i got in from work shot this afternoon when i woke up.

gun has a troublesome 1/32 twist schuemann 4 port hybrid..with montana gold JHPs it gets nasty with the groups, bullets start to pick up a little yaw at 15 yards+ another thing to mention is that it groups like crap with that bullet.

ive been shooting hornady FMJFP bullets out of it and they shoot very good(so does the 121 HAP, Sharp looking bullet!)

I loaded 9.2 grains IMR 4756(this is a compressed load and about all the powder you can fit in the case. NO pressure signs!) B) into starline supercomp brass, federal primers and loaded them to 1.235 oal. i shot 100 of them and all the bullets flew straight and true to the target and at nearly 1500 fps! chrono gave a ten shot average of 1488 fps.

the loaded rounds had very very little crimp.

now that i know the bullet works and is accurate, im gonna back off the load to get it under the old power factor. 184 powerfactor sure takes a 6 inch plate down fast though!!

Harmon

Edited by harmongreer