Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Base Pade +1 vs +2

I want to get a Dawson Base Pad for my STI and I wasn't sure which one to get - the +1 or +2.  

Of course the no-brainer is to get the +2 but the +1 being sold too just begs the question - why a +1 when you can get a +2.  Is there some kind of trade off.  I want to get the basepad for my STI Edge magazine for limited division.

Here are the products

http://www3.mailordercentral.com/shootings...s.asp?dept=1136

Thanks for help.

Guest nmchenry

I was told the +1 is legal for limited but the +2 on youre Edge is not since overall length is then too long.  The person who told me would be in the know.

Ok, I just the info I wanted from DP.

about 136mm and the +1 and tube is 139+ but not only legal, but the most popular basepad in IPSC shooting. The +2 basepad is only legal in "open" catagory in 140mm tubes. There is an exception on very old pre-ban hi-capacity tubes, but I hope you do not have these "old" tubes. While either basepad would be legal on a 126mm tube, generally they will not seat with most magwells. Without a magwell they work, but few people ever use 126mm tubes except as a "carry" mag - you give up too many rounds in competition. So, +1 for limited and +2 for open - all on 140 tubes.

Paul

Dawson Precision, Inc.