Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

44 Round Rifle Stage

j2fast

After yesterday's local pistol match they had a 44 round rifle side match stage set up. Since I don't have a black rifle yet I figured what the heck; me, my XD, 5 mags, a hosing we will go (and pure hosing it was).

Much lead flying, 4 reloads, a decent time and fun was definitely had.... :D Now I wouldn't want to see a match full of those but there's nothing like opening her up and blowing out the carbon every once and a while. B)

Shooting rifle sidematches with a handgun is definitely a blast! I love to do long range accuracy work anyway, and it is always fun to step up to the line on a rifle sidematch with your favorite handgun to see how it stacks up against the big boys... often the sidearms do surprisingly well! We set up Virginia count sidematches every year during hunting season (October) with five-shot strings at my home range in Vermont, and there are always a few of us who bring out our .41-.454 cal. revolvers and autos and have a blast. Sometimes we even surprise the fellas with the little black rifles :D

I'm curious if anyone has ever brought out one of those fancy single shot hand cannons.. :) I keep threatening to bring out my 30-30 contender to the ipsc range for some serious fireball showing off :D

In a 5 round side match, it could be fun.

Vince