Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine spring life

Safcpt

Yup.  Ordered three Mecgar 14 round .40 S&W CZ75 magazines a few months back.  Noticed they would just barely push the slide stop up.  It was catching on the upper corner of the slide stop instead of moving fully upwards when the magazine was empty.  Concerned me.  I ordered some Wolf +10% magazine springs and they move that slide stop all the way up into the notch in the slide.

Plus, I even took the +2 base off the magazine and the factory springs still didn't move the slide stop fully upwards into the notch in the slide.

On the other hand, bought a new M&P 2.0 a few weeks back.  Had a big coffee container of 9MM magazines from my first round with M&Ps and got several of them out of the container to use with the new pistol.  I put some +2 bases on the 17 round factory magazines and had several failures to lock the slide back after the last round.  Again, ordered new Wolf +10% magazine springs and replaced all the old springs (which were never really used all that much due to the reliability and accuracy issues that drove me away from the 1.0's in the first place.)

I might have gotten a couple thousand rounds through the 1.0 before giving up on it.  That was through several magazines.

Picture of the old/used springs beside the two new S&W magazine springs (the two mags that were in the box with the new pistol).  Lots of "shrinkage".

zoku3dt.thumb.jpg.20d95800155baa3ccb1872cda41ac840.jpg
Yea with all the springs made in a day there's just no way they're checking each one. probably a random few out of a lot but that's gotta be it. wolf is better anyways

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk