Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BUG and G26 w/.300 Dawson bases

sigfla

Has anyone tried a G26 with Dawson .300 EZ bases? It looks like they will fit the box but I am hesitant to order some just to try. I have a bunch of $$ in this 26 already and have 3 Hyve plated magazines incoming (I know they won’t fit). I just hate blowing more $$ to experiment right now but would love a bit more space for my little finger. 

Well the Hyve plates were super close. I am starting to think the smallest set of TTI plates will fit. I am 99% the .300 Dawson’s should work as well. Might try the TTI’s as they look nicer than the Dawson 

Ok I have been playing a bit more with

my 26 and box. I am pretty sure a flush cut barrel will allow the use of the medium sized beaver tail backstrap in the box. I removed my barrel and the gun fit just fine with a tiny bit of room for the guide rod protrusion. 

Edited by sigfla

• 2 weeks later...

Tried some UTG Plus zero ones from Amazon. They add .347 to stock. I had plenty of room to spare. I also changed out my sights to Trijicon Night sights which are slightly taller than stock I believe. I am going to try the TTI ones next. Have to drop the gun off to the smith to have the barrel flush cut and crowned next week. 

Tried the TTi Plus 0 9/40 basepads. With my new Trijicon night sights they fit but you gotta kind of wedge it in there. Kinda like compressing a rear sight to fit but instead you are pushing the mag up into the well just a hair to get it to fit. There a zero wiggle room with the TTi’s. They give you just a hair more pinky room than the UTG’s.