Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sps Open Gun

randy01

1 have 2 sti and 2 svi magazines for the new pistol. the sti has ismi springs and sti followers. i can load 21 in the sti magazines.

the svi mags are longer than the sti. i have gram's engineering follower and spring kit in the svi tubes but can only load 18. i thought that the svi tubes being longer and w/o the double ribs in the mag body can load more or at least 20 in but cannot.

why is this so?

yes.. an STI grip will fit on a sps frame...  no problems.  Shooters who have SPS guns here always end up using STI grips as they are more durable than the SPS grips...

No modification needed? I know sps grip to s*i frame need little modification from the trigger guard portion.

Thanks,

none... we fit a STI Grip to an SPS frame just recently.. wasn't aware of any difficulties. He stippled my old grip that i gave him and on it went...

I got my new SPS open pistol (Bedell Custom wannabe) back from the platers. Had the Bedell Titanium comp installed and test-fired and zeroed at the range today.

What I noticed was the huge weight difference using Dan's Titanium comp compared to the steel SPS comp. Balance and pointability is now a lot better!

I noticed that the dot oscillation was a lot less and the dot tracked more straight up and down.

spsleftside.jpg

This is my new shorty SPS!!

New barrel and new slide etc...

fakta63.jpg

This is the problems I got with SPS!!

* The grip SUCKS, allways cracks. Got my second one and it cand hold more than 1000 round .38super major (PF163-165). :angry:

* My first slide got a crack (extractor hole) after 15000 rounds. Have to buy another one...

If I know about this problems before I would save more money to buy a STI or SVI... :wacko:

BUT now my shorty rocks :D

Faj.T