Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Want To Reload 357 Mags New To Reloading

chucksmall

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to the forums. :) We are mainly focused on IPSC/USPSA competition here, but there is a ton of info to be gleaned here. One good place to learn a lot of info is in the Reloading FAQ.

357 is very easy to reload for. You'll save between 50% and 66% minimum over commercial ammo. The best reloaders on the planet are made by Dillon, and you can get one from Brian here.

There's approximately 1.3568 million threads on reloaders, reloading, and recipes, so we highly recommend getting copious amounts of the beverage of your choice and surfing/searching your way through the forums. Every time I browse through the archives here, I learn something. You're in the right place.

:)

Here is advice from our host on which Dillon press to choose: Dillon discussion

When I first started loading, I quickly picked up a .357.

I figured I'd be keeping all my brass since the gun is cut for moonclips. I bought 1000 Starline .357 cases for major/pin loads and 500 .38 Short Colts for minor/steel loads. Starline is my recommendation for revolver brass.

I use Winchester primers and have just switched over to CCI as I get a better deal on them in quantity.

I've been happy with both Zero jhp's and Rainier plated bullets.

As for a press, read what Brian says and make your decision. There is a reason why a good majority of IPSC shooters reload on them.

You'll also need a scale, calipers, tumbler, safety glasses, tumbling media, case lube is a nice accessory, maybe an electric primer tube filler, dies, and most importantly a good reference manual for load data.

Ray

Thank You for your help!

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to the forums.  :)  We are mainly focused on IPSC/USPSA competition here, but there is a ton of info to be gleaned here.  One good place to learn a lot of info is in the Reloading FAQ.   

357 is very easy to reload for.  You'll save between 50% and 66% minimum over commercial ammo.  The best reloaders on the planet are made by Dillon, and you can get one from Brian here. 

There's approximately 1.3568 million threads on reloaders, reloading, and recipes, so we highly recommend getting copious amounts of the beverage of your choice and surfing/searching your way through the forums.  Every time I browse through the archives here, I learn something.  You're in the right place.

:)

Thank You also for your help I hope i can get started reloading soon THANKS

Here is advice from our host on which Dillon press to choose: Dillon discussion

When I first started loading, I quickly picked up a .357.

I figured I'd be keeping all my brass since the gun is cut for moonclips. I bought 1000 Starline .357 cases for major/pin loads and 500 .38 Short Colts for minor/steel loads. Starline is my recommendation for revolver brass.

I use Winchester primers and have just switched over to CCI as I get a better deal on them in quantity.

I've been happy with both Zero jhp's and Rainier plated bullets.

As for a press, read what Brian says and make your decision. There is a reason why a good majority of IPSC shooters reload on them.

You'll also need a scale, calipers, tumbler, safety glasses, tumbling media, case lube is a nice accessory, maybe an electric primer tube filler, dies, and most importantly a good reference manual for load data.

Ray