Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Finger Position

revchuck

I have several S&Ws with the newer style smooth "combat" trigger (.312"), and when shooting them alot, develop either a blister or a callus on the top of the middle portion of my trigger finger :huh: . One way to fix this, I guess, is to dremel the top of the trigger so that it resembles the top of the older style narrow, serrated trigger.

It occured to me that the problem might involve excessive operator headspace, rather than equipment. Am I positioning my finger incorrectly? My actions are smooth, but not light, going (I'm guessing here) about 8-10 pounds DA, and I place the trigger on the first joint rather than the pad of my finger.

Comments?

I develop the same problem, particularly during long matches. I say problem because on many occasions it turns into a blister.

I have tried tape on my finger but it's not a good solution.

Revchuck,

for finger position.....this forum, page 7, thread titled "Finger slip on trigger"

about the callus, I have one there too, just keep it sanded off when it gets too bothersome. It just means you are getting some trigger time. ;)

HOP

Sam & Waltermitty - Thanks! I remember the callus getting really sore once - I did a class with Ray Chapman, who came out of retirement for a couple of classes a few years back to help a friend of mine who wanted to start teaching shooting. I put about 900 rounds downrange over two days, including about three hours when we were rained out (in Austin - imagine that). My finger was some kinda sore! The poor M67 was black from the Titegroup/Zero RNL diet, but worked nonstop. I actually wore through the adhesive tape I put on my finger!