Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Raising support for new match at Rockcastle in KY

Anopsis

Hello all,

I am working with the management of Rockcastle Shooting Center in Park City, KY (South Central KY, on I65) to produce a sanctioned monthly Steel Challenge match. I was involved with the USPSA matches there but this is my first time undertaking a project like this alone. Any tips would be appreciated.

Right now I'm trying to gauge interest; the management of the range is all for it but I want to show there is a solid base that will attend before I ask them to sink money into steel. As I'm building awareness of it in the area, I've established social media presences to help disseminate information as I get it. Ideally, this would be ready to launch in the Spring.

Dates are one of the first things people ask about, but it's further down my list - once I have people's interest, I'll ask the range to give me the dates they would like it to be on, and I'll try to coordinate that with other area matches in an effort to prevent as much overlap as possible.

If you're near enough and would come visit, or know someone in the area who might be interested, please pass this information along:

www.facebook.com/rockcastlesteel

@rockcastlesteel on Twitter

www.rockcastlesteel.org <- right now just redirects to the FB page

I would really like to see this take off, since there's not an existing official match within two hours' drive.

Thanks!