Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So me and the wife are talking radical relocation, and she's really interested in the New Orleans area. Now I got a company practically offering me a job there (Hanarhan, or something like that).

Aside from the obvious "you should visit there first" thing (which will prob. be for a job interview, too) what do people (who were not born there) think of this area. I'm talking the shooting scene and everything else. The more I hear the more it seems to have a very high coolness factor. I dunno.  Whatda y'all think? We're both west coast raised, so I suspect at least a little culture shock....

I have some experience in both CA and LA.  Live in Hunnington Harbor for awhile;the poorer section, Warner and Bolsa Chica if you know the area. Or really close to Seal Beach.

I am doing some work in LA.  There is a lot and I mean a lot of shooting in LA.  Weekend matches everywhere.  Including 3Gun. Although short range.   There are clubs or indoor ranges that offer matches, from .22 to mano y mano steel.

There is a concealed carry law in place.  

Now if you like hunting.   You got another whole big ball game.

Culture shock will be an understatement!!!!! Get used to slow talkers and don't think that just because they talk slow they are dumb.  They are not.

The Big Easy has its own pace, either you love it or hate it.  Personally I like it and I grew up and continue to live in the high desert with skiing 30 minutes away.  Lived in FL, AZ, NM, CA and TX.

People are very nice.  Crime is Crime.  The same everywhere.  You just need to pay attention.  

Just watch out for Cancer Alley.  MSY to BTR.  Lots of chemical plants.  

Same story for schools if you have kids.  Got to pick the schools carefully.  

New Orleans is decadent, like a really rich chocolate, it is meant to be enjoyed and not judged too harshly.

Thus ends the verbosity.