Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nra Ap World Shoot 2006

gm iprod

I know it's a long way out and the exact dates have yet to be finalised.

The New Zealand NRA AP guys are planning to put on a shoot the week or so before the World Shoot, anyone heading to Australia will be able to enter, in fact anyone will be able to enter. The prizes are not staggering but if we get enough people keen on using it as a warm up to the Worlds then we will certainly be looking at making it attractive. Other than it will be a good excuse to go shooting.

The 'plan' as such is to move our Kiwi Cup to be at an advantageous time to anyone heading to the World Shoot / Australian Nationals. Most will probably have to travel through / past New Zealand (although a great of flights are direct to Sydney). We usually get a bloody good turn out of Australians and it would be nice to see some new faces down here.

The flight from New Zealand is usually only three hours to Sydney from either Auckland or Hamilton. The Kiwi Cup match will be held in Hamilton.

This is only the start of an idea and any input from anyone will be taken on board.

• 2 months later...

I traveled to Hamilton with the US Team in 1999. We had a great time... even though our ammo never showed up. Great place to visit, US Dollar goes a long way, they have the best mover I've ever seen, and if you're a hunter... shooting deer is like shooting a rabbit here in the us.

I'm hoping the NRA will be sending a team. We'll see if they come up with some funds The 1999 funding was a direct result of Russ Stott's efforts. Either way, I'm going to try my hardest to make the trip.

Bruce Piatt

Edited by BPiatt