Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is The Best State To Shoot Uspsa?

Jasonub asks...

Any shooting in San Francisco?

Many of the shooters who live in SF and the general area around SF are members at Richmond. I shoot at Richmond and we have regular shooters come from as far away as Salinas and Reno to shoot our matches. Salinas is about 2.5 hours to the south, Reno is about 3 hours to the east. There are many BE members that live in the San Jose Area and Santa Rosa areas about an hour from the range. I'm one of the few lucky BE members that is about 10 mins away.

There is Also Chabot (TASC) that shoots on various Saturdays. Throw in Solono Targetmasters, which is about 45 mins from me and probably 75 mins or so from SF and you can see how good things can be.

As Erik Said, there are lots of clubs in Northern California. If you find yourself in Redding, there is Shasta Practical Shooters. Out in the Valley south of Sacramento is Oakdale and Ione. Ione is about 90 mins from me and probably a bit over 2 hours from SF. Oakdale is a bit farther for me, maybe 2 hours. Probably a little far for SF. If you find yourself on the north coast, I know there is a club that shoots somewhere around Eureka. Some of their members were here at the GBC last week. My list might have forgotten a few other clubs.

Despite our lousy gun laws, there are still a good number of clubs that shoot all divisions of IPSC.

Vince

Texas--- more specifically texas south section (houston area)

10+ clubs with matches every Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun

so if its possible you can shoot about 20 club matches in a month here - and about 10-15 classifiers

makes you drool doesn't it?

yes it does make one drool.

Lee hows the weather in houston? 100 or so degrees all year round?

I have to vote for Texas, in particular Texas South. I live here and there is plenty of shooting to be had. You can shoot as much or as little as you want but the options are always there for you. Very gun friendly as well. Arizona would be next from what I have heard.

TXAG