Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1100 gas system?

bigsaxdog

new to the forum! just posted this in the wrong place, try again here. just bought a used 1100 at a gun shop, seemed to have too many of the steel washers and o- rings on the tube, wouldn't go into battery. how many are there supposed to be, and what are their orientation? brand new to this gun, so i don't know s#@%! help me out, please!

It depends. Older models have two steel rings plus the rubber o-ring. Newer models have a single ring plus the o-ring.

Assuming you have the older style, maybe you didn't orient the rings correctly. (I guess you could even turn the new single ring around backward and mess it up.) There's a sticker with an illustration on the gun.

thanx for coming back! i found the manual at the remington web site, and the issue is that there were 2 sets of the rings on the tube. i guess it's supposed to have 1 o-ring and 2 ss washer gizmos, and the gun had another set ofall this on the tube also, and because of this wouldn't go into battery and the hammer sometimes wouldn't fall. just don't know if this was because someone was clueless, or the gun needs the extra stuff to function cause' something is wrong. looked new, got it for $425, so i thought it was good, but now i started thinking(always a dangerous thing!).

Two stainless, one o ring.  Starting from the receiver, the squared one goes on with the inside bevel towards the muzzle.  The rounded one goes on with the bevel nestling into the first one.  Then the o ring.

Two sets?  Hmm.  If it works as is, you're set.  if not, then it may take some cogitating.  Keep at it and let us know.

thanx for all the help, y'all! got the right way pretty well figured out, hopefully somebody was just cluless and put it together wrong(why there is two sets of the gas innards on it i dunno-but people never cease to amaze me!). gonna get it tues., try to shoot it at an indoor range i go to in st. pete, fla. if they let me. if it don't work, maybe you guys can help me some more!

thanx for all the help, y'all! got the right way pretty well figured out, hopefully somebody was just cluless and put it together wrong(why there is two sets of the gas innards on it i dunno-but people never cease to amaze me!). gonna get it tues., try to shoot it at an indoor range i go to in st. pete, fla. if they let me. if it don't work, maybe you guys can help me some more!