Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken Parts

JFD

Not a big deal since I was just practicing, but a broken barrel bushing in my Para ended my days shooting.

Went to get another bushing from my spare parts and found I didn't have one. Damn! I thought I had at least one of everything I might ever need. Wrong!

The only other gun I've had with cast parts was my L-10 Kimber. Replaced everything cast in the first week. Figured I'd see how the Para parts would hold up.

Never again! Sort of good in that I get to set the gun up the same as the Kimber. Also gave me an excuse to buy the EGW Melt bushing. Actually I ordered both the regular and the angle bore versions. Whichever "grabs" me gets to stay in the gun full time while the other becomes the spare I need to carry.

Hopefully by the end of the week the gun will end up with: Nowlin Trigger Job kit, Dawson trigger, Wilson slide stop and ejector, EGW barrel bushings, Gun Craft mag release, Dawson FO front sight, Pearce Grips (will cut off the wraparound function and keep the TruGrip on the frontstrap in place), Dawson ICE magwell, and for now I'll keep the Para ambi safety. I already have several of these parts on the gun now, but that's the full list. Add to that the Guga Ribas holster I ordered and I'll be done for now.

Never realized a simple barrel bushing could be so expensive B)

So much for my Old gun..... <_< Now it is Jerrys NEW gun :wub:

FWIW, Jerry I did break one of them on my very first Para after about 40,000+ rounds. Yours does not have that many through them, not even half. Unless you have really shot the SH!T out of it.

Sounds like you have it pretty tricked out, maybe I'll get to shoot it again one of these days.

Hopalong

The broken bushing gave me a good excuse to go on a buying spree, so I'm calling it a good thing. The only bad thing was trying to find the spring plug. Should have looked behind the target to begin with :wacko:

I'm still waiting for a jam....or one of those "things" that makes a Para such a bad buy. Maybe the bushing was "it".

Figured I might run into a mag problem considering all the bad mouthing I've read concerning para mags. So far I've got 8 para mags with Dawson extensions and para springs/followers and each one holds a reloadable 20 rounds and functions perfectly. All I did was scotch-brite the insides of the tubes.

The only real problem with the gun is the shooter behind it.

I hope to see you next year at Area 6 if not before.