Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Reloads

old shooter

Ok, when this was over, I was laughing pretty hard thinking about how comical it must have looked to my other squad members.

At the match last weekend, it was hot as hell, and I was taping my ass off. When it was my turn to shoot, I found that I hadn't reloaded my mags. I hurriedly filled them (1st mistake), shoved them in my belt (2nd mistake) and got to the shooting line without holding anyone up.

As it turned out this started as one of my better stages. I saw the dot clearly, moved well, and when it was time for the mag change, I hit it without hesitation. I remember seeing the inside of the magwell, and shoved it home while on the move, no wasted time here...As I approach the next port, I notice my gun looks funny and as I look, the mag is hanging out like some sort of 300mm contraption.

In my haste to get to the line, I had put my mag in backwards. When I slammed it home, I never saw anything but the "hole". When I tried to pull it out, it wouldn't budge. I must have pried it 3 or 4 times before finally holding my gun at hip level with my wrist on my side and using my body as a lever to get it out, all the while mindful of the 180. Man, it was in there hard. When all was said and done, I think that it added about 12 seconds to me time. And when I had a mental image of myself, I had to laugh out loud.

It was wrong, but it was fast.

Mike