Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Foreign Rx Medication In The U.s.

I was going to post a hate rant about the price of prescription medication, but instead I'll ask a question.

What's the story with filling a U.S. Rx via Canada (or Mexico, or Upper Bufu, I don't care)? Can anybody recommend a good source?

$294 yesterday for a month's supply of two drugs. Pre-existing condition exclusions on health insurance are a bjtch. Hey maybe I'll just stock up while I'm in Cancun. :)

Now that would eat into the monthly ammo budget. Can't blame you for seeking out alternatives. Not to rub salt into the wound but it really makes me appreciate the $5 copay on perscription drugs that I have. Anyhow, good luck on the search for a more cost effective source.

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) pretty much banned pre-existing condition clauses.

You can check the CMS website or call them with the question. They may take away but they have alwasys returned my calls-and I am a nobody.

Since you are paying out of pocket and not using federal money you should not have too much of a problme. I believe the state of Michigan was going to purchase drugs through Canada but the Feds got pissed off. --the federal supply about 70% of the medicaid monies.

You might also reseach what the Unions are doing in the rust belt and as a final suggestion-go to AARP as a resouce guide. Those seniors really know how to work and by pass systems.