Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Now Here's a Question

WJM

Ok all! Here is a scenario that stumped me something fierce.

To preface, this is quite and old sear, and quite an old hammer. Maybe 70k rounds kinda old. The gun is a Tanfoglio Stock 2 with the EG flat ish trigger. 

Gun yesterday wouldn't reset the trigger (was giving me fits). Its not a TRS, as I checked it and it has a brand new TRS. However, it was such a pain to get the gun to reset in SAO, that I couldn't drop the hammer to decock it. So, here I am trying to figure out how to pull the trigger far enough out to reset the trigger, and it won't and the gun AD's. 

So I figured it was a mess up on my part, thought nothing of it. Same thing happens to my dad. So we figured the hammer hooks and sear was going bad (the gun had started to go to half cock when racked violently in dry fire). Is this the correct assumption?

Either way we have a new hammer and sear on their way (its past their time to be replaced).

Thoughts?

I'm going with you on the sear. I have a Limited that started doing the same thing with trigger reset. Put in a new sear and the problem went away. After that I installed a new hammer from Patriot Defense to keep the new sear happy. Mine started doing it right around the 40k mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solved it with a new sear. 

Old sear was "Worn down to a nub" (To quote Shawshank Redemption). Fixed it, gonna still put a new hammer in though. 

Wyatt