Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Finger Moving Too Far Onto Trigger

wwiley

So it has been several months since I have shot. I do dry fire pretty regularly, but I dont get the opportunity to shoot as often as I would like. Well, I spent some time at the range tonight, and I was doing 10rd slow fire. I noticed that after each shot, my trigger finger seemed to creep more and more onto the trigger. So instead of the pad of my first joint being on the trigger at the end of the 10rd session, my finger had moved in until the trigger rested just past my first joint. I guess since it had been so long, I was letting the recoil get to me. What do you guys think?

I noticed a similar thing in my last practice with my CZ 85. What I'm trying is a peice of skateboard tape on the trigger. Too early to be sure it really helps, but does not seem to hurt. I had asked one of the more experienced guy's at the range. His response is what I pass on to you - can't hurt to try it.

When I shoot a Glock I usualy have my finger close to the first joint of my finger. If I have my finger out on the pad I don't have as much strength to pull through. I also will tend to push the gun to the left more when I am out on my pad.

I think what has happend is that your body is finding out for itself where you should be putting your finger when you shoot your Glock.

Don't fight it, just do what comes naturally.