Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 930 JM Pro follower

ff1984

Getting my shotgun ready for spring 3 gun and opened up/polished the loading port while I had sent my carrier off to be welded.  Couldn't be happier with the way the loading port turned out and the turnaround time for my carrier from C-rums was impressive.  The issue (I've searched and couldn't find this specific problem) is that once everything was reassembled, the factory follower sticks out too far and catches on the carrier creating a consistent jam on the last round.  I'm happy the thumb guillotine is gone but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue once the carrier has been welded.  Is there an aftermarket follower that doesn't protrude as far?  Or can I just get away with a bunch of sanding?  

How much “extra” length does the follower or carrier have?

If its just a little (maybe 1/16” or so) then grind just a little length (aka “just enough”) off the end of the carrier/lifter so it just clears the follower. I've had to do this on a few 930s when installing extended lifters.

Edited by GunCat

That is more extra length than I've noticed with the C-Rums modified carriers I have used.

You mentioned the loading port being opened...Is the follower being stopped at the end of the magazine tube/receiver - or is the follower coming out of the mag tube and being stopped by the shell latch as the last shell is being cycled?