Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 Spring Weight's

rubberneck

I bought a G35 several months ago and have finally gotten around to using it in SSP. I am currently using 180 grain ammo from Atlanta Arms and Ammo that is a 130pf out of a 4 inch barrel according to the manufacturer. The stock spring feels way to sluggish for such a light load so I want to buy a stainless guide rod and change the springs. Any idea on the weight (does 13 lbs sound right).

Also everyone in my neck of the woods seems to favor ISMI springs over Wolff for the Glocks. Any particular reason why ISMI would be a better choice than Wolff?

Stupid me. I should have taken a closer look at the forums. I would have noticed the gun springs forum where I would have found the answer to my question.

G17Raider thanks for replying. Can the mods lock or delete this thread for me.

Remember that if you change from the stock guide rod material to SS you move from SSP to ESP. If you do want to go SS, (yes, Titanium is illegal all together) the Novak full length is wonderful. Here's a link: http://www.handgunneroutlet.net/parts/part.htm

I have no afiliation with Novak except being a happy customer. On the Novak guide rod with my 9 mm I run a 12# Wolf. With the stock GR that I run on my production gun I run a 13# ISMI. These are both 9s again. I see many 40 shooters using a 15# ISMI. Good luck on your choices.

Don't do much IDPA, but if rules allow you could clip off the nose of the stock recoil spring assembly. Then insert a ISMI #15 recoil spring. You glock recoil assembly will now be "uncaptured". I know it works as I have experimented with this im my G35.